STAY HAPPY AND STAY HEALTHY WITHOUT ANY PAIN
Musculoskeletal pain is a kind of pain that affects the muscle, tendons, ligaments and bones. Musculoskeletal disorder is mainly defined by pain. It may vary from mild to severe pain or may be for longer duration and local pain. The various causes of musculoskeletal pain are:
- Damage of muscle tissue due to wear and tear of daily activities.
- Jerking, auto accidents, fall, fracture dislocation, sprains, or trauma of any area may cause musculoskeletal pain.
- It may be due to postural strain, overuse of muscles, monotonous movements and prolonged immobilization.
- Poor body mechanism or changes in postures may fetch spinal alignment and muscle shorting and causes other skeletal muscles to be misused and painful.
Symptoms of musculoskeletal pain are entire body pain, fatigue and sleep disturbance. Treatment of musculoskeletal pain involves
- Medications like Pro- soma
- Anaesthetic injection in or around the painful sites.
- Muscle strengthening and stretching exercise.
- Physical or occupational therapy.
- Acupuncture or acupressure.
- Relaxation technique.
- Therapeutic massage.
The best and effective treatment for musculoskeletal pain is medication. Let us discuss about the beast example of medication use for the treatment of musculoskeletal pain i.e. pro soma.
What is Pro soma?
Pro soma is a muscle relaxant that acts by inhibiting pain sensation between nerve and the brain. It is used along with rest and physical therapy to manage injury and pain. It is available in the tablet form. It is an analgesic drug meant for the management of pain or injury related to muscle. Its main active ingredient is Carisoprodol and has a muscle relaxant property. It shows its effect on the central nervous system or spinal cord and act by inhibiting the nerve sensation between the nerves and brain. It blocks the release of chemicals that are responsible for the pain in skeletal muscle. Its effects remain for shorter period so you have to take 2 or 3 times a day. It controls the body movement and is responsible for relief from muscle pain. It provides relief from muscle pain, strain, sprain or injury of the muscles.
How and when to take?
Pro soma 350mg is prescribed to manage muscle pain, muscle spasm, sprain, strain and other muscle injury that causes musculoskeletal disorder. It’s an orally administered drug and can be taken with a glass of water. You have to take it twice a day or as per the pain condition. You can have it with or without food.
- Immediately stop using this drug if you feel hypersensitive to Carisoprodol or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- Do not recommend this medicine to the patients having a medical history of renal failure, cardiac disease, and coronary artery disease.
- This medicine interacts with an SSRI like Fluvoxamine, Opioid drugs like Codeine, anti-tubercular drugs like Rifampin, H2 receptor blockers like Omeprazole, Benzodiazepine like Alprazolam.
- Don’t take overdose for immediate relief of pain because overdose may cause vomiting, nausea, seizures. In case of overdose immediately seek medical help.
- This medicine is safe to use but in some cases it may cause some common side effects like headache, dryness of mouth, gastrointestinal infection, nausea, irregular breathing, heart burn, or sometimes constipation.
- Avoid alcohol and other beverages containing alcohol because it may slow down the activity of this drug.
- Avoid driving and operating heavy machinery because this medicine may cause sedation.
- Do not recommend it to the children below 12 years of age.